Impacts of the EQ on members vary such as
• our Clerical, Cleaning, RN and Allied Health members in the CDHB dealing with injuries/outcomes. Oral Health members are being rostered to non school locations where they are willing and able to work in the clinics. This will focus on pain relief. Clinical Records staff at Chch Hospital ?continue to work under huge pressure particularly in the aftermath and then the identification phase. The main offsite storage area (not Recall) was badly damaged; Quake leave was approved for last week; this week is uder consideration;
• our Relationship Services members who were on the 5th floor of the CTV building (one missing and injuries); Closeup TV1 on 1 March interviewed staff.
• Richmond with many clients relocated and the Colombo St Head Office demolished; CEA Negotiations due in mid March are epected to be delayed though the unions have lodged claims on schedule.
• our Healthcare NZ District Nurses who have moved to an Avonhead address from a damaged one in Lichfield St and will be based at the Lions Club in Burnside from Friday;
• Other NGOs with vulnerable clients such as Brackenridge, Comcare, Care NZ and Pukeko Blue; organisers aim to visit Brackenridge today;
• our IRD members based in in the modern building Cashel St in the radius of the Grand Chancellor Hotel and next to CTV;
• our CYF members in the two Chch residences and other offices dealing with the EQ outcomes; Dialogue has been maintained with Andrew Dodds who has effectively been based down in Chch since the EQ; staff have also been deployed from round NZ to give Chch staff at Te Puna Wai a break; HR matters are on hold till further notice;
• and all the other groups of members in Government offices such as Legal Services on Oxford Tce, Justice on Durham St, MED in Sydenham, and Corrections; NZDF civilian staff such as the caterers at Burnham where the support effort is backed up; and in Avsec and Customs at Chch airport.
• Individual members who have lost family members and homes; and caring for elderly or children.