NUPE – National Union of Public Employees Welcomes You
NUPE is a union for workers across the Public, Health and Community sectors. NUPE actively campaigns for the fair and reasonable treatment of its members and their interests.
- NUPE believes that only by standing together will workers be able to protect and improve our rights and conditions.
- NUPE recognizes and protects your employment rights and conditions while valuing the ongoing employment relationship. The time, energy and resources of NUPE are directed to meeting the needs of members.
- NUPE members are actively involved in a democratic union where major decisions that may affect your job and conditions of employment are made only with your consent.
NUPE Annual General Meeting
- Date: Monday, 12 September 2022
- Time: 6 pm
- Venue: Trade Union Centre, NUPE Office, 68 Langdons Rd, Papanui, Christchurch
Executive Committee members can be nominated prior to the AGM or at the meeting on Monday 12 September 2022
Please note that the AGM will also consider constitutional changes suggested by NUPE’s accountants.
These changes and the explanations for them are listed below:
The following paragraphs need to be added:
- “The organisation does not have the purpose of making a profit for a proprietor, member, or shareholder and prohibits a distribution of property in any form to a member, proprietor or shareholder; and has a constitution that prohibits a distribution of property in any form to a member, proprietor, or shareholder.”
- “No member of the organisation or any person associated with a member, shall participate in or materially influence any decision made by the organisation, in respect of the payment to or on behalf of that member or associated person of any income, benefit or advantage whatsoever. Any such income shall be reasonable and relative to that which would be paid in an arm’s length transaction (being open market value).”
Alteration of rules
Explanation: Clause 18 allows for the rules to be altered. There must be a clause stating that the objects, personal benefit clause and winding up clause cannot be altered. Please include the following paragraph:
- “No addition to or alteration of the objects, personal benefit clause or the winding up clause shall be made which affect the tax-exempt status/not-for-profit status. The provisions and effect of this clause shall not be removed from this document and shall be included and implied into any document replacing this document.”
Explanation: A winding up clause is required which prevents members being able to receive a personal benefit. Please change clause 22 to include the following wording:
- “If upon winding up or dissolution of the organisation there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever the same shall not be paid or distributed among the members of the organisation but shall be given or transferred to some other organisation or body with similar objects to the first organisation or for some other charitable purpose, within New Zealand.”
The National Union of Public Employees is located in the Trade Union Centre in Papanui (down from the Northlands Mall). The physical address is:
Trade Union Center (Northfield Business Park), 68 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch
- 68 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch or PO Box 13032, Christchurch 8141
- Ring 03 377 3582 or fax (03) 377 4385 or contact us by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to contact an organizer please go to the Contacts page.