NUPE – National Union of Public Employees Welcomes You
NUPE is a union for workers across the Public, Health and Community sectors. NUPE actively campaigns for the fair and reasonable treatment of its members and their interests.
- NUPE believes that only by standing together will workers be able to protect and improve our rights and conditions.
- NUPE recognizes and protects your employment rights and conditions while valuing the ongoing employment relationship. The time, energy and resources of NUPE are directed to meeting the needs of members.
- NUPE members are actively involved in a democratic union where major decisions that may affect your job and conditions of employment are made only with your consent.
Seasons Greetings to all NUPE Members
The NUPE office will be closing at mid-day on Thursday, 22 December. The office will be fully open again on Wednesday, 11 January 2023.
NUPE wants to ensure that all the NUPE staff get a good annual leave break so the office will be shut during this period.
There will be an on-call organiser over this period available for emergency/ health and safety matters only. All other matters will be responded to when the office reopens. The on-call cell phone number will be on the NUPE answer phone and the website. Leave a message about the problem on the on-call cell phone and you will be phoned back during the break if the matter is urgent.
The on-call organiser will not be attending meetings unless it is an urgent health and safety matter.
Ring 03 377 3582 for on call details.
NUPE News Summer 2022/23
The latest copy of NUPE news is available by clicking here.
This copy has updates about the Public Service Pay Adjustment (PSPA), delegate training and NUPE’s 30th anniversary
Recently NUPE celebrated 30 years of being NUPE. Despite being 30 years old we continue to feel in a privileged position to be able to represent you as you need in your workplace situations. It is good for us to know that what we do can hopefully support you to get on safely in your work.
The National Union of Public Employees is located in the Trade Union Centre in Papanui (down from the Northlands Mall). The physical address is:
Trade Union Center (Northfield Business Park), 68 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch
- 68 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch or PO Box 13032, Christchurch 8141
- Ring 03 377 3582 or fax (03) 377 4385 or contact us by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to contact an organizer please go to the Contacts page.