NUPE – National Union of Public Employees Welcomes You
NUPE is a union for workers across the Public, Health and Community sectors. NUPE actively campaigns for the fair and reasonable treatment of its members and their interests.
- NUPE believes that only by standing together will workers be able to protect and improve our rights and conditions.
- NUPE recognizes and protects your employment rights and conditions while valuing the ongoing employment relationship. The time, energy and resources of NUPE are directed to meeting the needs of members.
- NUPE members are actively involved in a democratic union where major decisions that may affect your job and conditions of employment are made only with your consent.
Season’s Greetings to all NUPE Members
The NUPE office will be closing at mid-day on Wednesday 23 December. The office will be open again on 9am, Monday 11 January 2016. NUPE wants to ensure that all NUPE staff have this opportunity for a good annual leave break hence the closure of the office.
There will be an on call organiser over this period who will be available for emergency/ health and safety matters only. All non -urgent matters will be dealt with when the office reopens on 11 January 2016. The on call cell phone number will also change over this period. It will be updated and available on the answer phone at 03 377 3582.
Lastly, we hope you all have a fantastic and safe Christmas and New Year break. See you in 2016.
NUPE News (Winter/Spring 2015)
In the latest edition:
- Secretary’s Column : NUPE on Health and Safety in your Workplace
- On the Front Lines : A Day in the life of a Fishery Officer
- Taking a Sickie? : Sick Leave at IRD
- Find out which State Agencies are the worst for workplace illness
- 520 Cranford Street, Papanui, Christchurch or PO Box 13032, Christchurch 8141
- Ring 03 377 3582 or fax (03) 377 4385
- out of Christchurch 0508 NUPE111 or 0508 6873111
- or contact us by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to contact an organizer please go to the Contacts page.