NUPE – National Union of Public Employees Welcomes You
NUPE is a union for workers across the Public, Health and Community sectors. NUPE actively campaigns for the fair and reasonable treatment of its members and their interests.
- NUPE believes that only by standing together will workers be able to protect and improve our rights and conditions.
- NUPE recognizes and protects your employment rights and conditions while valuing the ongoing employment relationship. The time, energy and resources of NUPE are directed to meeting the needs of members.
- NUPE members are actively involved in a democratic union where major decisions that may affect your job and conditions of employment are made only with your consent.
NUPE Annual General Meeting
DATE: Sunday 24th July 2016
TIME: 4 pm
VENUE: Trade Union Centre, NUPE Office, 68 Langdons Rd, Papanui, Christchurch
- Minutes of Last meeting and matters arising
- Annual Report (Provided at the meeting)
- Financial Report (Provided at the meeting)
- Convenors Report
- Election of the Executive Committee
- General Business
It is the members who are the union and it is important for the continued growth and strength of our union that you participate in the forums, which guide the wider union life. As part of that aim the NUPE Executive Committee would like to encourage members from all areas to attend our AGM either in person or by teleconference. At this AGM the next Executive Committee will be elected. The office bearers will be selected by the new executive committee.
Executive Committee members can be nominated prior to the AGM or at the meeting on 23rd June
You may nominate a fellow member or delegate by completing the nomination form below and forwarding to the NUPE office on Fax: (03) 377 3582 or PO Box 13032 Christchurch by the 22nd July. Or you can nominate at the meeting as an attendee.
NUPE News (Summer/Autumn 2016)
In the latest edition:
- Secretary’s Column : NUPE on Health and Safety in your Workplace
- Corruption in New Zealand: NZ’s slide down the Corruption Perception Index
- CDHB Crisis: How the Government is failing the CDHB
- A Moment in the life: A Worker at Nelson’s IDSS talks about her experiences.
- 520 Cranford Street, Papanui, Christchurch or PO Box 13032, Christchurch 8141
- Ring 03 377 3582 or fax (03) 377 4385
- out of Christchurch 0508 NUPE111 or 0508 6873111
- or contact us by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to contact an organizer please go to the Contacts page.