NUPE – National Union of Public Employees Welcomes You
NUPE is a union for workers across the Public, Health and Community sectors. NUPE actively campaigns for the fair and reasonable treatment of its members and their interests.
- NUPE believes that only by standing together will workers be able to protect and improve our rights and conditions.
- NUPE recognizes and protects your employment rights and conditions while valuing the ongoing employment relationship. The time, energy and resources of NUPE are directed to meeting the needs of members.
- NUPE members are actively involved in a democratic union where major decisions that may affect your job and conditions of employment are made only with your consent.
Update: COVID-19 Virus
NUPE is aware that the COVID-19 virus has already affected a number of state ministries and departments and, that there have been some temporary closures in some areas. There could be more closures to come as the response to the virus will change as the situation changes. However, currently, the Government has said that it will be business as usual as much as possible across the state sector.
The State Services Commission has informed the various public agencies and state departments etc of their obligations and responsibilities in this situation. https://ssc.govt.nz/resources/workforce-pandemic-planning-guidance/
Ministries and departments have been following the SSC outlines in terms of their approach to COVID-19. We would ask that people keep themselves informed and aware of the situation and that they check their respective Ministerial or Departmental websites.
The Government has also presented a package in relation to COVID-19. For more information on this package please go to the Work and Income website. https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/products/a-z-benefits/covid-19-support.html#null
We are also aware that the state sector is looking at having staff work from home if the situation dramatically changes. This may not be possible in some areas and we are discussing this with those employers.
We will keep you up to date with information as it comes to hand. We are involved in discussions with employers over this period to ensure that people are not financially disadvantaged.
If you are requested to stay at home / self – isolate and you are having problems with payment or arrangements then please email the NUPE office and advise who you are employed with and we will assist you. Please include a cell phone number.
The Covid-19 outbreak does mean that NUPE organisers will be only travelling for urgent matters, and we will be having meetings via phone or by AV wherever possible. We will be contacting delegates in the immediate future to see how people are finding the current situation, updating them and talking to them about any issues they might have.
National Union of Public Employees
NUPE has Moved
The National Union of Public Employees is located in the Trade Union Centre in Papanui (down from the Northlands Mall). The physical address is:
Trade Union Center (Northfield Business Park), 68 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch
- 68 Langdons Road, Papanui, Christchurch or PO Box 13032, Christchurch 8141
- Ring 03 377 3582 or fax (03) 377 4385 or contact us by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to contact an organizer please go to the Contacts page.